Wee Kirk’s Philosophy :
- Wee Kirk Preschool strives to make an impact in our community by providing a safe and nurturing environment in a Christian atmosphere.
- Your children will be treated as individuals where their spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual needs will be met.
- Your children will be given many varied hands-on type activities as they learn by doing and in turn gain success in these experiences.
About Our Program
- Wee Kirk is a State of Illinois licensed preschool facility whose teachers are state certified.
- Our teachers are certified in CPR and First Aid. Additionally, our teachers must complete a Criminal History Background Check, TB Screening, and fifteen hours yearly in workshop/in-service training.
- Our preschool program begins in September and runs through the end of May. We also offer a summer program.
- Preschool classes, unless noted otherwise, are scheduled weekday mornings for two and a half hours.
- We teach using daily theme topics. Woven into each day are appropriate developmental readiness skills. Some of our preschool topics are:
- God Made Me Special
- Teddy Bear Day
- Eating Right to Help Us Grow
- Endangered Animals
- Stars, Planets and Moons
- Beach Day
A Day at Wee Kirk Preschool
- Free Choice Activities
- Active Group Play
- Quiet Individual Play
- Creative Activities
- Language Development
- Nutritional Snacks
- Social Development
- Outside Playground Equipment
- Use of Large Gymnasium
- Basic Teachings About God
Preschool Classes Offered
- Three Year Old Classes (2 or 3 days per week sessions)
- Four Year Old Classes (3 or 4 days per week sessions)
- Optional Extended Day for Four Year Olds (extends the normal preschool day until 2pm)
- Kindergarten Readiness for Four Year Olds (offered afternoons)
- Summer Sessions (four themed week-long sessions offered in the mornings)
Wee Kirk Director; Jenny Laird. Email Jenny